Puerto Vallarta is well known for its vibrant gay bar and club scene. It is Mexico’s #1 gay bar and club scene. So what about Arts Culture and Nature for the LGBTQ Traveler to Puerto Vallarta? Puerto Vallarta does not disappoint. From November until April, the every other week Southside Shuffle on the cobblestone streets of Basilio Badillo in the Romantic Zone feature street music, food and drinks, and artists showing their work in the local art galleries. Also the Centro Historic Artwalk draws a large crowd to the center of town every Wednesday to galleries open until 10 pm
For cultural interests, you need not look any further than Puerto Vallarta. Puerto Vallarta has Mexico’s #1 live cabaret scene. There are nightly shows from November until May at Act 2, The Palm or Incanto from the world’s top list of performers and drag queens. Maybe you choose to join the PV Gay Men’s Chorus, one of Latin America’s only. Here is a short list of some of the cultural events by the month:
- January: Vallarta Race Cup series.
- February: Mardi Gras; Charro Championship.
- March: Puerto Vallarta Invitational Jazz Festival; Regata Banderas Bay.
- April: Dance Festival (Los Arcos).
- May: Vallarta Gay Pride, May Cultural Festival clebrating the cities birthday month; Festival de la Bugambilia; Restaurant Week.
- September: El Grito National Independence Celebration
- October to May: Puerto Vallarta Art Walk
- November: International Gourmet Festival; International Sailfish and Marlin Tournament.
- November to May: Old Town Farmer’s Market – Open every Saturday from the start of November to May between 9:30 am and 2 pm. Lázaro Cárdenas Park.
- December 1-12th Guadalupe Parish Peregrinations; Our Lady of Guadalupe Festival/Feast.
For nature lovers, Puerto Vallarta’s Botannical Gardens is a most popular attraction. It was voted the fifth place among all botanical gardens in North America in USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice 2019. Many gay travelers also enjoy one of the several canopy and zip line tour choices or a snorkel near Los Arcos. Several have an exclusive gay group only. Puerto Vallara has almost as many choices for arts, culture and nature as it does gay bars and clubs. Discover for yourself just how beyond gay friendly Puerto Vallarta can be.