How gay is Puerto Vallarta Mexico?
Many people exaggerate about a destination being super gay only once it is visited discover it really is not. Mister BnB just produced an article about how gay friendly Tel Aviv is so we used the same criteria to produce our answer to just how gay Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is. The destination has been known as an LQBTQ mecca since the 1980’s and until recently Puerto Vallarta’s tourist season was very limited *the busiest months from November until Easter. Recently, Puerto Vallarta has been moving toward a year round busy season and its increasing appeal to LGBT travels and residents is due to several factors. Among them are increased national airline flights into Puerto Vallarta, the rising Mexican middle class traveling more, and the increased marketing and awareness of Puerto Vallarta as an LGBT destination.
Why the popularity of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico among the LGBT travelers?
1. Puerto Vallarta has the most well developed gay nightlife in Mexico! The first gay bar opened more than 20 years ago and today more than 25 gay bars and clubs are operating *some until 6 am, each unique and all located in the gayborhood.
2. Puerto Vallarta has a true Gay Zone. The Zona Romantica is a true gayborhood with all the gay bars, clubs, businesses, restaurants, and gay hotels within a safe walking distance of each other. With some rare exceptions, you never have to leave the gayborhood for anything!
3. Puerto Vallarta is for foodies! There is something for every culinary appetite and budget, from street taco stands to fine dining and everything in between.
4. Puerto Vallarta has an amazing arts and culture scene including the best gay cabaret scene in Mexico! We have three great cabaret venues producing two shows 7 nights a week from November until May…with 2 of them open year round. Also we have numerous great art galleries and artists exhibiting and living in town. Mix in festive Mexican culture and rich traditions for an amazing treat for everyone.
5. Puerto Vallarta has warm, sunny weather almost year round surrounded by mountains, jungles and a gay beach stretching from the world famous Blue Chairs Gay Hotel to Mantamar Beach Club. The cruising spot during the day is the world famous local gathering spot for socializing and sunbathing.
6. Puerto Vallarta has fantastic LGBT accomodations. The rooms catering to the LGBT market are smaller luxury boutique gay hotels like Casa Cupula, quaint bed and breakfasts (Pinata PV Hotel), and luxury condo developments and villas(Villa Enrique.)
7. Puerto Vallarta has countless LGBT tours and activities to keep you out of trouble. The city features several popular gay boat cruises (Wet and Wild), luxury yacht charters, a gay bar tour, zipline and atv tours catering to the LGBT traveler, interesting food tours, Botanical gardens, a nice size zoo, plus many more. Plenty of reasons to stay out of trouble day or night.
What are the best gay events that take place in Vallarta each year?
Puerto Vallarta is now home to Jeffrey Sanker’s White Party PV, held several times during the year at Mantamar Beach Club and organized by Sanker himself. Steve Buzcek has the world famous Beef Dip Bear and Leather week annually at the end of January since 2003. Atlantis Events visits Puerto Vallarta annually for a resort week, plus a day stop on the Mexican Riviera cruise usually in October. Puerto Vallarta’s annual gay pride is the week before US Memorial day holiday.
I have only have 48 hours in Puerto Vallarta. What is something I can not miss?
A wonderful walk along the world famous ocean front Malecon plus the Gay Bar Tour that hits 6 bars in one night..Neither to be missed!
What’s your favorite gay place to grab a bite for Breakfast, lunch and a nice dinner?
For breakfast the buffet at Hotel Mercurio…delicious and poolside! For Lunch try Fusion Gourmet, and a delicious dinner The Swedes. All gay owned and the best of the best!
Where is the best gay place for brunch on the weekends?
Casa Cupula’s Taste Restaurant Sunday Brunch where you can enjoy great food with a spectacular view of the ocean and of the guys in town!
The best gay bar for a good cold beer or happy hour?
The choices are endless at any of Puerto Vallarta’s twenty plus gay bars including Reinas, Apaches, Anonimo, and Blondies. Each bar is unique with enough options to try a different place every night during you stay. Some happy hours beginning as early as 3 pm ending around 7 pm.
I am ready for a night out on the town in the bars and clubs! What are the best gay clubs?
Not sure of which bar to hit on your first night in town, the world famous www.gaybarhop.com leads the way.
You visit 6 of the best bars in one night, including the dance club CC Slaughter’s and one of the all male strip clubs Wet Dreams or Antropology , an entertaining drag show, and even karaoke!
What are the best straight gay bars and clubs in town?
You will typically find even gay guys on the popular malecon in one of the several huge straight clubs like Mandala, Sky, and The Zoo.
Where is a hidden gem or little-known place to visit in the town?
There are several hidden gems to visit when in Puerto Vallarta. Going north, check Bucerias and Sayulita. Going south, check out Yelapa, Las Animas, El Tuito and Boca De Tomatlan. If you want to go a little further visit San Sebastian Del Oeste.
Any beaches or best other places to cruise?
In the day, cruise at the gay beach from Blue Chairs to Mantamar Beach Club. From sunset to night, Spartacus Spa Bathhouse and Sauna.
Best place to view the city?
At night, the rooftop of 3 level La Noche bar. If you can get past the hot go go boys on the first floor, you will find the view from the rooftop almost as incredible.