IGLTA will provide its proven experience in the development of this market in other countries and will make available best practices so that destinations and service providers will attract the greatest number of tourists.
As part of the FITUR 2020 IGLTA and Queer Destinations Fair, it was presented the LGBT STRATEGY OF MEXICO, and had the presence of:
Oriol Pamies, Founder of Queer Destinations
Felipe Cárdenas, Member of the board of directors of the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA)
The main goal was:
– Present Mexico’s strategy for the LGBT + segment.
– Public recognition to the States of Mexico for being the first to adopt the strategy.
The strategy consists of:
– Sensitize and train hotels and service providers of destinations.
– Develop specific products for this segment.
– Adaptation to the latest digital promotion trends.
– Creation of international alliances.
- On March 8, 2019: a letter of intent was signed to promote the LGBT market (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual) in conjunction with the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association and Queer Destinations at the ITB fair in Berlin.
- On April 8, 2019: an agreement was signed between SECTUR and International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and Queer Destinations during the tourism “tianguis” (fair), in order to support the states and promote the consolidation of tourism products .
- In collaboration with the tourism secretaries of the country, Queer Destinations is carrying out a first phase of training for tourism service providers in order to ensure that the visitor can enjoy quality tourist services.
- We also have online training courses that are taught by CONAPRED and that we communicate through our links of each estate. Check the Secretary of Tourism of Jalisco and the Promotion Trust of Puerto Vallarta, to know about the programs they have specifically in the state.
- For Tianguis Turístico we are bringing 7 Hosted Buyers specialized in the segment so that tour operators and service providers have the opportunity to close business in this event.