Send us an email at email@example.com
Owner, Editor, Photographer and Co-FounderA native of Seneca South Carolina, Tim Wilson obtained a finance degree from Clemson University and spent 25 years in banking, real estate, finance and marketing. He retired to Puerto Vallarta in 2008 and co-founded GAYPV magazine in 2010. He is a member of North America Travel Journalists Association and writes articles for national and international media outlets about Puerto Vallarta, Mexico’s Number 1 Gay destination. He was a founding member of Puerto Vallarta Gay Pride event and serves on the marketing steering committee.
Nick keeps you informed and entertained by submitting articles and photography of special events in the Puerto Vallarta area and other events throughout Mexico. Originally from Palm Springs California, where he was a Broker and co-owner of California Properties, Nick was a Producer/Director for the Miss America Pageant systems (Miss Texas Telecast for 9 years) and Miss USA/Universe (Miss Texas USA Telecast for 17 years). During that time he won an Emmy® Award as Producer/Director for Best Live Telecast of a Special Event and was nominated 3 other years.
|Gary W. Lichtenstein, LCSW
Contributing WriterBorn in the Bronx, N.Y., Gary has been a permanent resident of Puerto Vallarta for the past 12 years. He is a licensed and Board-Certified Psychotherapist, and attended Graduate School at the University of Illinois and was a Professor of Psychology at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. His therapy practice included gay and sexual identity issues. Gary was Coordinator of the Federal Aviation Administration’s Critical Incident Response Team in Alaska and he has been a contributor and Editor of the Hawthorne Press Psychological Journal with extensive travel experience, including Russia, Europe and Mexico. He has been involved in Concert Promotion and Production as Director of National Student Productions. Gary is an avid baseball fan and is currently the Director of Baseball Operations for the Summer Collegiate Anchorage Bucs Baseball Club. Gary has been professionally and personally a long supporter of gay rights issues and a lifetime friend of the gay community.
A native of Washington, D.C., Ms. Selph began her professional life as a journalist both in the States and abroad. Tired of the long hours and meager pay, she opened a retail travel agency and shared her love of foreign lands with her customers. When the Internet destroyed travel agencies, she turned to real estate finding homes for her clients, as well as, renovating and selling her own properties. “I moved to Puerto Vallarta because of the society’s openness, the wonderful
Daniel Gómez Hernandez
After launching the premiere edition in October 2011, GAYPV, representing the Gay Point of View, quickly became Puerto Vallarta’s favorite gay magazine and ultimate LGBT lifestyle and travel directory.
It is the only gay publication / directory / magazine in Vallarta to have an official relationship with the Puerto Vallarta Convention and Visitors Bureau in promoting LGBT tourism to Puerto Vallarta.
The free publication is available at more than one hundred locations and has the largest individual print run with the widest local and international distribution of any gay publication in Mexico. And now GayPV is bringing that same concept to a national level throughout the country using our same principles:
· To educate prospective travelers about Mexico in general and Puerto Vallarta in particular.
· To encourage gay and lesbian tourism to Puerto Vallarta and other parts of Mexico by increasing distribution into Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, major Mexican airports and LGBT travel agents and community centers throughout Canada and the U.S.
· To promote diversity and understanding by establishing partnerships with other businesses and organizations who desire to work with the LGBT community.
· To strive for equality in advertising by allowing advertisers to self-identify as gay, straight-friendly or gay-friendly and not deny anyone the opportunity to market their products or services to the LGBT community.
· To provide readers with interesting articles, interviews and colorful features in a compact and friendly bilingual magazine format.
· To support the LGBT community in Puerto Vallarta and Mexico through media sponsorships and by sharing a percentage of revenue with local worthwhile non-profit organizations.Form email address is not set in Theme Options. Please fill in a valid address to make contact form work.