The mere mention of Italian food conjures up very specific images, dishes and aromas. While the stereotypical Italian restaurant in America and pretty much any country outside of Italy, usually serves up plates of hot pasta with tomato or cream-based sauces or a big slice of pizza. This is far from true Italian cuisine, which encompasses a wide variety of cooking styles and tastes. The differences in Italian cooking really shows up between the northern and southern parts of the country. Each region has its own traditions that reflect the deep history and culture of that area.
You have a chance to sample innovative Italian food during the Summer Sizzle Menu at Daiquiri Dick’s restaurant in sunny Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Every two weeks visit a different country or area and July 16 to 31, 2017, Italy is the chosen culinary destination. The Summer Sizzle menu is three courses for $399 pesos and there are choices for each course.
Executive Chef, Ignacio Uribe, Chef de Cuisine Hugo Mejia and Sous Chef Rogelio Garcia have come up with some flavorful dishes. This special dinner menu is served from 5 to 11pm. The regular menu is also available.
The Flavors of Italy
* Pan Seared Sea Scallops over creamed corn with fennel and coriander
* Grilled Nectarines and Peaches over baby spinach with citrus vinaigrete, goat cheese and caramelized pecans
* Grilled Italian Bread with topped with grilled vegetables and a balsamic vinegar reduction
* Cumin-Fennel rubbed Salmon with fennel and parsley salad and drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette
* Spaghetti with Calamari, fennel and lemon sauce
* Pan finished Chicken with cherry tomatoes, olives, shallots and potato wedges
* Vanilla Cupcake Ice Cream Sandwiches
* Tiramiso pot with dark rum
The staff at Daiquiri Dick’s will uphold the Italian tradition of enjoying prolonged, multi-course meals that celebrate life and cuisine as equal partners at the table.