A new Harris poll says LGBT among the first to travel after Corona Virus pandemic. This latest poll surveyed 2,508 U.S. adults ages 18+ surveyed online between May 6 and 8, 2020. Here is the Puerto Vallarta gay travel guide facts on travel after COVID-19;
- LGBT adults are twice as likely to plan travel over Memorial Day weekend vs. non-LGBT adults (8% vs. 4%).
- Asked when they anticipate their next leisure trip, 28% of LGBT adults responded it would take place in the next four months (May-August) when contrasted with 21% of non-LGBT adults. Just over half (51%) of LGBT adults vs. 46% of non-LGBT adults expect to travel for vacation in 2020.
- 46% of LGBT adults (when compared with 37% of non-LGBT counterparts) expect the pandemic situation will be resolved before this year’s summer travel season.
When asked what conditions or arguments will have the greatest impact on their personal decisions favoring leisure travel in 2020, LGBT travelers disproportionately favored several reasons over non gay travelers:
- Significantly reduced public health risks: 60% LGBT vs. 54% non-LGBT.
- Strong need for travel/change of scenery: 54% LGBT vs. 43% non-LGBT.
- Compelling travel bargains and promotions: 47% LGBT vs. 36% non-LGBT.
- Personal desire to support a destination and local economy: 48% LGBT vs. 33% non-LGBT.
While the gay bars and beaches in Puerto Vallarta are not open yet, this signals some good news for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico’s #1 gay beach destination. Puerto Vallarta begins gradual reopening after Corona Virus. The governor of Jalisco where Puerto Vallarta is located announced Jalisco entered Phase 0 of its Covid-19 recovery plan on May 18, 2020. This initial phase will last 15 days and allows for the gradual return of some economic activities. See the restaurants already open for inside dining with limited capacity here. Also some hotels are currently accepting reservations or have announced they are accepting reservations starting June 1, 2020. Note that some hotel common areas including the pool could be closed. Cleaning and sanitizing measures are being put in place at the Puerto Vallarta Airport, the cruise port, on public transportation, supermarkets and more. Puerto Vallarta beaches, the malecon, gay bars and nightclubs also remain closed. Check back to GAYPV Magazine to see when the beaches, malecon and gay bars reopen.