Puerto Vallarta Mexico is one of the world´s most recognized LGBT vacation destinations. A regular of the year´s top ten places to visit, PV is thriving with life even in the midst of the coronavirus global pandemic. In this Puerto Vallarta Gay Travel Guide, we will present you with the best-known attractions as well as a few hidden secrets of this beautiful travel destination.
Puerto Vallarta Gay Beach & Los Muertos
The old town or Zona Romantica is where most of the gay actions happen, full of gay bars and places to discover the central part and epicenter of culture is the beach where fisherman, tourists, locals, and vendors melt into the symphony of colors tastes and sounds that make Mexico one of the must-see destinations in the world.
Many people exaggerate about a destination being super gay only once it is visited discover it really is not. Mister BnB just produced an article about how gay friendly Tel Aviv is so we used the same criteria to produce our answer to just how gay Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is. The destination has been known as a gay mecca since the 1980’s and until recently Puerto Vallarta’s tourist season was very limited *the busiest months from November until Easter. Recently, Puerto Vallarta has been moving toward a year round busy season and its increasing appeal to LGBT travels and residents is due to several factors. Among them are increased national airline flights into Puerto Vallarta, a rising Mexican middle class traveling more, and increased marketing and awareness of Puerto Vallarta as an LGBT destination.
Why the popularity of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico among the LGBT travelers?
1. Puerto Vallarta has the most well developed LGBT nightlife in Mexico! The first bar opened more than 20 years ago and today more than 25 gay bars and clubs are operating *some until 6 am, each unique and all located in the gayborhood.
2. Puerto Vallarta has a true Gay Zone. The Zona Romantica is a true gayborhood with all the gay bars, clubs, businesses, restaurants, and LGBT hotels within a safe walking distance of each other. With some rare exceptions, you never have to leave the gayborhood for anything!
3. Puerto Vallarta is for foodies! There is something for every culinary appetite and budget, from street taco stands to fine dining and everything in between.
4. Puerto Vallarta has an amazing arts and culture scene including the best gay cabaret scene in Mexico! We have three great cabaret venues producing two shows 7 nights a week from November until May…with 2 of them open year round. Also we have numerous great art galleries and artists exhibiting and living in town. Mix in festive Mexican culture and rich traditions for an amazing treat for everyone.
5. Puerto Vallarta has warm, sunny weather almost year round surrounded by mountains, jungles and a gay beach stretching from the world famous Blue Chairs Gay Hotel to Mantamar Beach Club. The cruising spot during the day is the world famous local gathering spot for socializing and sunbathing.
6. Puerto Vallarta has fantastic LGBT accomodations. There are rooms catering to the LGBT market are smaller luxury boutique gay hotels like Casa Cupula, quaint bed and breakfasts (Pinata PV Hotel), and luxury condo developments and villas(Villa Enrique.)
7. Puerto Vallarta has countless LGBT tours and activities to keep you out of trouble. This city features several popular gay boat cruises (Wet and Wild), luxury yacht charters, a gay bar tour, zipline and atv tours catering to the LGBT traveler, interesting food tours, Botanical gardens, a nice size zoo, plus many more. Plenty of reasons to stay out of trouble day or night