HomeToGo, the world’s largest search engine for vacation rentals, has produced a guide to the 14 best destinations to visit in Mexico Valentine’s Day 2019. Puerto Vallarta listed as top destination for Valentine’s Day 2019. The results show that reasonably-priced flights, a strong Dollar, and affordable accommodation make spending Valentine’s away south of the border extremely cheap this year. After evaluating hundreds of locations across Mexico, they created a shortlist of 14 destinations that are within easy reach of a well-connected airport, offer a range of affordable accommodation options, and still have availability for Valentine’s Day. To give travelers an idea of just how cheap a romantic trip away to Mexico is compared to an equivalent vacation back in the U.S., they researched the price of four essentials:
- Average airfare during February
- Accommodation for one night
- A bouquet of 12 red roses
- Romantic meal on Valentine’s Day at a top-rated restaurant
The results show that traveling to Mexico for the annual day of love is actually cheaper than flying to New York City for the same experience*, with the cost of accommodation, roses, and eating out on Valentine’s being exponentially more expensive in the U.S.
You can view the full list here: https://www.hometogo.com/mexico/#valentines
“More than 35 million Americans head to Mexico every year, making it by the far the nation’s number one international travel destination,” said Head of Inbound Marketing, Joanna Booth. “Many of these travelers choose to visit during the peak summer months; this guide brings to light how Mexico, with its favorable climate and amazing prices, is a great choice for those looking for a romantic getaway during the winter period.”
Key findings from this year’s ranking:
- Quintana Roo is the best-represented Mexican state in this year’s ranking, with more than half (8) of the destinations located there; Jalisco places second (with 3 destinations), followed by Baja California Sur (2) and Yucatán (1).
- Cancún Airport, which serves the well-represented Quintana Roo region, is the best-connected airport in Mexico, with direct non-stop flights to 41 U.S. cities.
- Guadalajara Airport has direct non-stop flights to 26 U.S. cities; Los Cabos Airport, which serves Baja California Sur, has direct non-stop flights to 25 U.S. cities
- Puerto Vallarta Airport, which serves Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita, has direct non-stop flights to 20 U.S. cities.
*They used the same research processes for New York City and for the Mexican destinations. For more information, visit the results page here.