Vallarta Gay Clinic
Vallarta Gay Clinic is a medical service providing primary care for Puerto Vallarta gay men. Dr. Miguel Buenrostro is the new clinic’s medical director and main physician. Dr. Buenrostro is a general practice physician who has specialized in medical issues related to Gay men’s health, especially sexually transmitted infections including HIV. He will soon complete a medical specialization in geriatric care. Ismael Rossi is the clinic’s chief counselor.
Some of the main innovations is the
1) Primary and Preventative Care: Which includes annual checkups, proactive testing to prevent illnesses later on, keeping medical records in one place, and referrals to specialists.
2) LGBT Care: PrEP, PEP, rapid testing for sexually transmitted infections, newly-diagnosed HIV counseling, and other counseling services.
3) Geriatric Care for our older residents, which includes memory testing, evaluation of the living environment to avoid falls, and osteoporosis testing.
• Clinic’s membership program. Available to Mexican citizens and permanent and temporary residents, it will offer significant discounts on regular office visits, medications, exams and bloodwork for a low annual fee.
• Emphasis on wellness, not just illness. Clinic personnel will regularly reach out to keep active track of members’ ongoing chronic conditions and other issues, and to remind members of upcoming appointments.
• And as soon as possible, a wellness coach and a medical concierge will be hired to round out the active care team.
The clinic features a robust network of local medical and health specialists for referrals, when necessary, even to nutritionists and personal trainers.
For those members not originally from Mexico, VGC offers translation services for specialist visits and hospital stays, along with assistance in navigating the often-complex Mexican health-care system. An international insurance expert will be available to consult with individually with members on coverage and policy issues.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.