Puerto Vallarta Municipal Government issues beach guidelines. June 23, 2020 the PV municipal and Jalisco state governments issued a series of recommendations to avoid further spread of Covid-19 from the beaches of Puerto Vallarta. Officials are hoping the spread of COVID will not increase as a result of opening the beaches June 15, 2020.
- First, look for the red (closed) or green (open) flag signage as that will indicate whether or not access to the beaches is allowed.
- Officials urge extreme personal hygiene measures, such as showering before and after the visit to the beach, stressing masks or facial coverings when arriving and leaving the beaches and constant use of antibacterial gel.
- Avoiding concentrations of people and/or groups by keeping a safe distance of five meters between each other, both in the beach sand area and while swimming in the ocean.
- Groups should be a maximum of eight people and preferably from within your family or those living in the same household. Don’t share any beach items such as beach balls, floaters, etc.
- If you are going to rent lounge chairs and umbrellas, make sure they be disinfected in your presence at the time you are renting them.
- A recommendation to stay at the beach a maximum of 4 hours at a time to allow others to enjoy the beach also.
- If you are going to use public toilets, you should go with your mouth mask and use disinfectant gel.
- Please make sure to use garbage bags and use the proper disposal for your trash from the beach.
- Please respect all instruction given by the lifeguards, tourism personnel or the police while at the beach to avoid any issues.
Puerto Vallarta officials are urging everyone to take these precautions seriously to prevent a huge increase in the cases and deaths resulting from Corona virus. They also warn if they are not followed, it could result in beaches being closed again. See the official guidelines here.
Note from the Editor. GAYPV promotes that everyone follow the safety and safe distance protocols issued by Health officals at all times.