Where To Get COVID-19 Test In Puerto Vallarta? The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an order Tuesday expanding coronavirus testing requirements for nearly all international air travelers starting Jan. 26. The new rules will require all U.S.-bound passengers age 2 and over to get negative COVID-19 test results within three calendar days before their flight to the U.S. departs and provide written documentation of their laboratory test results or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19.
Please due your proper due diligence to determine if these locations provide what you need to travel. We are merely providing information to you.
Where can I get tested when I visit Hotel Mercurio?
When do I need to get a test to travel to the US? And what kind of test do I need?
Get tested no more than 3 days before your flight to the US departs. Make sure to be tested with a viral test (NAAT or antigen test) to determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19. Also make sure that you receive your results before your flight departs and have documentation of your results to show the airline.
Where can you get the COVID-19 test in Puerto Vallarta?
This comes from CMQ hostiptal
A PCR test in Puerto Vallarta is the right type of test for travel
If you are traveling abroad, you will most likely need to take a PCR Test, also known as a polymerase chain reaction test. Therefore, getting your PCR Test in Puerto Vallarta, as opposed to other types of Covid-19 tests, is important because:
- A PRC test is the most reliable option for detecting Covid-19 infections.
- In addition, it is considered the “Gold Standard” of coronavirus tests.
- This test is safe, convenient, fairly simple and straightforward.
- It usually causes no discomfort, or very little discomfort, and has no side effects after testing.
People traveling to Canada have to take a Covid-19 PCR test
Effective January 7th of 2021, all passengers five years of age or older, are required to have a negative Covid-19 test before traveling by air from another country to Canada. Accordingly, this travel requirement was announced on December 31st of 2020 by Mr. Marc Garneau, Canada´s Minister of transport. Therefore, we have summarized the most important Canadian travel and re-entry requirements:
- “Documentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to coming to Canada”.
- In addition, “The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test within 72 hours prior to boarding a flight to Canada.”
Individuals traveling to the US have to take a Covid-19 Antigen or PCR test
Taking a coronavirus PCR test before traveling to the United States is always recommended. However, please note that getting your Covid-19 test is not mandatory. Thus, you may consider getting your PCR test in Puerto Vallarta, before traveling back to the US.
Accordingly, the US government has issued the following guidelines for people traveling back to the United States:
Travel entry requirements according to the U.S. Embassy in Mexico, and CDC´s travel recommendations
- Question: “Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? NO”.
- Question: “Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine (upon arrival, when traveling back to the US)? NO” (unless required by a specific state law).
- Furthermore, “For U.S. citizens who have participated in high risk activities or may have been exposed before or during a trip, the CDC encourages people to take the following precautions upon arrival to the United States:
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Avoid staying around people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Consider getting tested for COVID-19.”
Covid-19 testing in Puerto Vallarta; Where to get your PCR test in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit.
Although taking a PCR test sample from nose or throat is simple, processing a PCR sample requires advanced laboratory training and expertise. In addition, getting your test in a laboratory with a quick turnaround time is always useful and necessary. Consequently, choosing the right laboratory for your PCR test in Puerto Vallarta is important. Accordingly, at CMQ Hospitals we have three convenient locations in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit. Most importantly, in our three laboratories we provide the most quick and convenient access to coronavirus PCR testing in our city.
If you planning on visiting Mexico and need travel insurance Covering Covid-19? Novamar Insurance Mexico has you covered. We have different health insurance solutions whether you are visiting short term or if you are planning to live in Mexico full time. For all incoming travelers, we have a brand-new program, Mapfre’s Covid-19 Travel Plan. This plan is available for any adult up to age 86 and can cover you up to $350k US for medical emergencies including Covid-19 emergencies. There are no deductibles or copays for this plan, but it must be purchased before arriving to Mexico. This plan can be renewed up to a whole year and as any other travel medical plan, preexisting conditions are not covered. We are here to offer you the peace of mind during these uncertain times so you may stay safe and continue to enjoy beautiful Puerto Vallarta.