Starting on September 1, 2020 The secretary of tourism of the government of Jalisco, German Ralis Cumplido, announces Puerto Vallarta gay hotels (all Puerto Vallarta hotels) can increase to 50% occupancy. The current occupancy allowed was 25% and in normal years September to November are usually lower occupancy. See the Spanish source here.
Also of September 1, 2020, the commerical squares and shopping centers in Puerto Vallarta can operate from Monday to Sunday at a capacity of 25%. Previously they were required to be closed Saturday and Sunday. It is recommended to restrict access to commericial stores to two people per family or group. Soccer fields in sports complexes can operate with a capacity of 30%.
- Restaurants: the closing time is approved to 11:59 pm.
- Museums and galleries: one person for every 7 square meters taking into account the entire surface of the place.
- Theaters: with a maximum capacity of 25%.
- Circuses: with a maximum capacity of 25%.
All establishments, including cinemas, that are part of the commercial plaza must be registered in the Comprehensive System for Economic Reactivation (SIRA). Other guidelines are
- Establishments with more than 100 employees must have a medical service, which must ensure the coordination of the Ministry of Labor and the Ministry of Health Jalisco to know the rules to follow in case of identifying a case in the establishment.
- one way entry and exit at the entrances to the mall and each of the stores.
- Restrict access to people with a temperature above 37.5 ° C, or with COVID-19 type symptoms (runny nose, nasal or conjunctival congestion, dry or productive cough, tearing).
- Place abundant signage through the business to remind the customers: general hygiene measures, permanent use of face masks, maintenance of the “Safe Healthy Distance” (at least 1.5 meters) with other attendees, symptoms alert and protocol for handling suspicious cases.