Puerto Vallarta Safety for Covid-19 continues at Airport. The Puerto Vallarta International Airport is continually working on the enforcement of strict sanitary measures for the Covid-19 pandemic. Strategies implemented include installation of sanitary filters, constant disinfection of common areas guaranteeing maximum security for visitors arriving to Puerto Vallarta. The Federal Civil Aviation Agency, in collaboration with the General Directorate for Protection and Preventive Medicine in Transport, implement health controls for users, workers and the general public.
As of September 4, 2020 News In Puerto Vallarta indicate reports of the rapid blood test being given At PVR Airport. The Puerto Vallarta Airport has apparently implemented a new sanitary measure to prevent more infections by COVID-19. Many national and foreign passengers are reporting having to take a rapid blood tests to detect whether or not they have the Coronavirus.
The Federal Civil Aviation Agency, in collaboration with the General Directorate for Protection and Preventive Medicine in Transport have implemented these health controls for workers and travelers. Medical evaluations, temperature measurement with digital thermometers and thermal imaging cameras are also carried out in the passenger departure and arrival areas. The airport building and equipment areas in those in which the passenger has contact with airport personnel has constant disinfection and periodic cleaning including high traffic handrails, counters, kiosks, doors and other surfaces of direct contact. Likewise the latest technology steam machines are used to clean and disinfect trays, toilets, benches, tables and other furniture.
Other measures enacted included
- installed antibacterial gel dispensers throughout the building.
- placed disinfectant mats at the entrances.
- installed plexiglass shields at documentation, information, immigration, car rental counters.
- placed signs on containers to dispose of masks, gloves, and face masks.
- Created signage to respect separation between users of 1.5 to 2 meters in the lines of documentation, inspection points, migration, customs, baggage claim, embarkation and disembarkation of passengers.
- Scheduled the alternation of check point lines and the baggage claim luggage to avoid crowds.
- Passengers are recommended to check in and check in carry-ons online.
- Separated benches in the waiting areas restricting adjoining seats.
- limited occupancy at counters and documentation/migration kiosks, aerocars and in commercial spaces.
PVR Airport Receives COVID-19 Health Accreditation. The Airports Council International (ACI) is pleased to announce the accreditation of PVR Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport in the ACI Airport Health Accreditation (AHA) programme. PV’s airports is managed by GAP Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. of C.V. GAP becomes the first airport group in the world to successfully accredit all its airports in the AHA program. ACI’s Airport Health Accreditation programm supports airports assessing the new health measures and procedures introduced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With regard to the operations of airports in Mexico, the Mexican Government has not issued any flight restrictions and airlines continue to increase the frequencies of their domestic and international flights. Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V or “GAP“ operates 12 airports in the Pacific region of Mexico including the Puerto Vallarta airport.